The key to a successful dialysis separation is using the RIGHT MEMBRANE
under the right conditions. There are 6 steps to follow when
selecting a membrane:
- Select grade (Biotech or Standard) based on application.
- Select type based on chemistry: CE or RC.
- Select membrane configuration based on application (tubing, disposable device or flat-sheet system).
- Select from among 18 MWCO's based on solute size.
- Select from among 5 sizes (disposable device) or from among 16 flat widths (tubing) based on volume.
- Select the membrane treatment preferred for your application.
Use Spectrum's Dialysis Parameter Search to help select a product:
Biotech membranes are specifically engineered for more critical separation constraints in which an ultrapure membrane with a precise MWCO
is required. Since these synthetic membranes are manufactured using a process without metal salts, no pre-treatment or cleaning is required.
Biotech membranes are available in 2 membrane types:
|Biotech Cellulose Ester (CE) ||wide range of selectivity & purity|
|Biotech Regenerated Cellulose (RC)||combined selectivity, purity & resistance|
|For ultimate convenience and ease-of-use, Spectrum offers:|
|Biotech Ready-to-Use Dialysis Devices||small volumes, in-process sampling & rapid dialysis|
Ideal for basic, multi-purpose dialysis, this low cost membrane can be used for a wide variety of dialysis applications in which only general separations
are required and low level membrane impurities are of little concern. The standard RC type is composed of natural cellulose regenerated
from cotton linters for strength and durability.
|Standard Regenerated Cellulose (RC)||broad range, low cost lab applications|
|MWCO (Daltons):||100-500, 500-1000, 3.5-5K, 8-10K, 20K, 50K, 100K, 300K, 1000K
||3.5k, 8k, 10k, 15k, 25k
||1k, 2k, 3.5k, 5k, 6-8k, 10k, 12-14k, 15k, 25k, 50k|
|Physical Properties:||Opaque, Rigid, Mildly Hydrophobic||Opaque, Flexible, Hydrophilic
||Clear Flexible, Hydrophilic|
|pH Range:||2 - 9||2 - 12||2 - 12|
||Universal or Spectra/Por®|